The When you hear immune system, what comes to your mind first? Many people understand immune system as a protector against diseases. That is the essence of immune system. Viruses and parasitic worms for example are present but the immune system will release preventive measures so that the body can determine a healthy tissue from defective ones.
The body only functions depending on how you feed and take care of it. There are many Singaporeans who are conscious about boosting their immune system while there are others that completely ignore it. Whatever you believe it, just remember that viruses and parasitic worms are present and it takes a good defence system to keep it away.
Start with changing your eating habits. You have to know that there are fruits famous for their immune boosting properties. Fruits have minerals, vitamins and phytochemical that can help prevent and battle diseases. Here are some fruits that can help you boost immune system:
- Berries: Berries that are known include cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cherries. These fruits are rich in phytochemicals. These fruits are filled with antioxidants which can be an outstanding source of minerals, vitamins and fibre. It can help reduce colds, strikes, osteoporosis and many more.
- Lemons: If there is something that is more versatile, it is the lemon. Lemons are famous because of its ability to cleanse the body. Aside from that, lemons have this antiseptic and antifungal ability that can eliminate germs.
- Limes: Like lemons, limes are also versatile. Limes are known for its hasty speed when it comes to your body’s healing. Limes trigger the while blood cell’s production that can gulp bacteria or even dying cells.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is commended for its vitamin C content. In fact, one kiwi has 120% of the recommended dose of an adult. It can also be a great source of fibre. You have to be careful though because some children reported allergic reactions to it.
- Mango: Mango is filled with beta carotene – the ancestor of vitamin A. It also contains vitamin E that can defend cells from damage.
- Pineapple: Pineapple has this protein enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain is important as it can reduce inflammation. Pineapple supports the reduction of injuries, inflammation, arthritis and sinusitis.
One final reminder though, though these fruits are healthy, make sure that you keep it low. Remember that too much of something is bad enough. The sugar found in your fruits – fructose, can cause surge insulin that can lead to blood sugar problems as well as heart disease, diabetes and obesity.